dmdoutefanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D. M. Doute Bio

Go down

D. M. Doute Bio Empty D. M. Doute Bio

Post by dmdoutefanclub Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:03 pm

"It all began.." That's how he always starts out, but the story tends to change and evolve bit by bit with each telling. Mr. Doute has been known to enjoy from time time time, "Not so much lie, but perhaps enlarging the circumference of reality a tad now and again." With that in mind as we add to D.M.'s bio we'll endeavor to stick to known provable facts as best we can.

D.M. Doute was born sometime either in the early or mid 1970's a turbulent time in America history where all the drugs that had begun to be used in the previous decade where beginning to show their disasterous effects on the human mental well being with the rise of disco music, bell bottom pants and afro hair cuts. Legend has it Mr. Doute's own father even sported an afro for a short time.  "Those were dark times for all of us", D.M. relates, "things happened, people dressed  strangely. You never ever really get over it, those memories stay with you, haunting you. Your just pray man learned from his mistakes and that we never, ever forget. Never go back to that."

As the 70's wore on D.M. felt that there were rays of sunshine on the horizon. "Just when we all felt all hope was lost, good things did start to happen- Cheryl Tiegs for example, The Dukes of Hazard and so on. Bad things continued to happen, We lost John Wayne in 1979 and no one really knew if we could recover from that, but the American spirit was strong and resilient. And people were ready to push on." Despite a worldwide sense of growing optimism, Mr. Doute's own family was not without its own personal tragedy's in the later 70's. "My youngest sister, was born", he recounted once in an interview. "I don't think a family, any family can really prepare itself for how her birth would affect us. I mean it's not every day that a family adds a member to its ranks who turns out to be the Anti Christ. It was a pretty tough blow for all the rest of us, and I still think it affects my parents today.

The 70's were to eventually roll over into the 80's and better times were ahead for D.M. His family begin to accept the challenges living with the Anti Christ presented America realized life could indeed go on without John Wayne, The world broke free of its obsession with disco music, and Aerosmith put out some decent albums later in the decade. Kathy Ireland became a super model. D.M bought his first camera. "I actually got two, first there was a small 110 that I bought at a Kmart like store called Rinks, then I got a polaroid, I didn't really do much with either for some time and I did not really come to understand how a camera could be used to capture moments in time as workof art, rather it was just to save a moment in time as a piece of history, a frozen memory of something happening. I shot a lot at weddings of family friends, car shows and the like. Nothing spectacular happened photography wise to me for years."

As time went on though , D.M began to grow in appreciation for the arts and the photography's place within the world of art. "I recall when I was about thirteen or fourteen I saw this image of a model in one of my grandfathers photography magazines and I found myself fascinated with the look she had on her face, absolutely beautiful woman, but it was the emotion and vibe from the look in her eyes, her facial expression that told this remarkable story. Then I realized that this wasn't just a random look that had accidently been captured, the entire image had been manufactured, that someone envisioned this image and then collaborated with this model to create this image. I knew I wanted to do this as well, to have an image in my mind, and then create that image in a photograph."

The 80's soon became the 1990's and D.M. found that he did indeed have an ability to be creative, and found a great deal of enjoyment in his art classes his high school. "My mind always took every project in my classes a step further than what the art teacher had intended, my work was seen as creative and showed a certain degree of skill in whatever medium we were using, but I always wanted to attempt different themes, and go into less acceptable subject matters for what a high school teacher was willing to be deemed acceptable. It was frustrating, also, we were not taught how to really use a camera at all. In fact, photography was not covered at all. In some ways, it was a waste of time and actually sort of deadend my in the arts by the time I got out of high school, I even passed on chances to obtain scholarships. I went into a totally different direction than the arts."

After graduating from high school in 1993 D.M. spent the rest of the decade "working my tail off, drinking beer now and then and playing basketball" But in January of 2000 he was an Auto accident that left him partially disabled, having lost some use of his left arm. "I'd been doing construction and working like a maniac for years, and now was faced with the possibility of never being able to go back into construction. I realized I might have to find another way to make a living, and that's when I began to think more about photography."

TO BE CONTINUED..
dmdoutefanclub
dmdoutefanclub
Admin

https://dmdoutefanclub.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down